me

關於我的二三事信箱。留言隨手貼臉書粉絲頁(aNobii 太爛了所以舊書架現已停止更新)。
聊書聊電影的 podcast「連連看」(另在 Castbox 可以找到連連看之前的舊集數)。

2016/06/30

The night is my refuge

The night is my refuge
A dark place easily within reach
Where I go and hide
Burying my head after Sandman passes through
I loiter in the long quiet corridor
Inspecting every speck of dust
Tiny beginnings of a spider web
Hints of some unseen draught, perhaps?
Never a glance at the faint light in the doorway
And if you curl up on your side
The corridor becomes a well
The little patch of sky almost out of sight
Almost reassuring
Distant possibility like a waking dream
Safe in the collective shadow
You pretend to forget your own
While it feeds on itself and grows
Every night
Every day
Between the familiar devil and the deep blue sky
An ache I've known so long it's turned phantom -
No longer sure if it's really there -
The simulation of an illusion, or vice versa
So I stay up and stay down
As the day seeps in and washes over
Inevitable and indifferent like ocean waves
Leaving all exposed and exhausted, again
And again


沒有留言: